Saturday, July 17, 2010

Its Been Awhile

Spring flew by and now we are deep into the real heat of summer and now it has been 20 months since I have started this journey into event planning world and have been enjoying every minute of it. Ok so some minutes are probably less enjoyable then others.. LOL But all in all this has been a fantastic venture.

I am proud of the accomplishments I have made. Looking back I can see a business that is growing nicely and I have made amazing contacts along the way. In this business a major key to success is networking. In order to get anywhere and to get the next client you must always be networking and getting your name out there. Here are some tips for starting out:

1) Make sure the Internet is your friend. All social networking sites are a tool to create a buzz about your business.

2) Always carry business cards with you. You never know where you will meet your next client. I have actually met people on the train and in elevators.

3) Market yourself in a way you want to be portrayed. Especially in the event planning world, everything is word a mouth so one bridge burned can turn into many more.

4) Create partnerships with other associates or vendors. I have made great partnerships with other event planning companies. Milestone Events has teamed up with Crown Jewel Events with many social and corporate clients. Milestone Events has also worked for Davi Weddings to create many spectacular weddings along side James Tramondo. I have also made great connections with vendors to have a preferred list of people to recommend. From photographers to make up, caters, dj's, lighting and stationary.

I cant wait to share with you some of the past events that I have got to create and truly allow myself to grow with in this business.

Off to bigger and better for the future!! Good Luck to everyone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.